Profile image for new2town

Who likes that red dome Charles Church has superglued to the top of their latest apartment tower. You can't miss it, looks like an inflamed pimple on a giant's backside. I can't repeat some of the names my fellow residents have given it but it has turned the whole development into a laughing stock and shame on Charles Church for allowing such a hideous design statement. However, it proved of some use as the Red Arrows could see it from Lincolnshire and as a result they had no problems finding the Lake Grounds.

By new2town at 20:59 on 27/06/12

• Profile image for dottyandproud

There was call for a new postbox in the village quarter, its just a shame that it isn't very accessable!!!! I aggree, it does't look very nice, and stands out a mile - you can see it from the split level!

By dottyandproud at 09:36 on 29/06/12

• Profile image for Alt_Voice

North Somerset Council Planning Department have allowed Charles Church to substitute the planned red domed roof with a cheap plastic pillar box.
    They should concentrate on keeping Developers like Charles Church in line and stop wasting their time getting into a stew over things like the Railway Mural.

By Alt_Voice at 09:55 on 29/06/12

• Profile image for new2town

Thanks for the info Alt-voice, I have now sent a complaint to our local council planning office asking why the planning committe has allowed Charles Church to replace the original dome with something that looks like it should be tucked away in a pair of underpants. No wonder the developers seem to be having problems selling the apartments.

By new2town at 18:18 on 29/06/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent