Profile image for mrsmith

I was just involved in the rescue of two teenage girls from the Marina. We utilised the life rings to rescue one of the girls however the rope was not long enough to reach the second girl who was in the middle of the dock. The one who did manage to reach the ring was unable to find a ladder in the dark. I suggest the rope on the rings must be long enough to reach the middle of the marina. Also, the ladders must have lights so they are identifiable in darkness.

This is the message I just sent to the council and I expect action to be taken. Running out or rope on the life rings or hearing a scared child screaming that she can't find the ladder from the pitch black dock is just not good enough.

By mrsmith at 22:04 on 06/10/12

• Profile image for mrsmith

Can I also say that whoever the young guy was who went in after the second girl is a blooming hero so well done. He had to risk his own life (because the life ring was too short) to swim out in the pitch black darkness and grab hold of her and bring her in. Well done mate you saved the day.

By mrsmith at 22:47 on 06/10/12

• Profile image for TheOneAndOnly

Lights on the handrails, get real. Lets put light on the coast path also.

People with kids need to educate them on the general risks off life, if they don't, we know what happens.

The council can't stop stupidity and people need to accept their actions have consequences. Sorry, but wrapping everyone in bubble wrap is stupid, as is letters to install lights on ladders!

By TheOneAndOnly at 22:21 on 07/10/12

• Profile image for Prue_Reid

Please can someone call the newsroom on 01275 857269 so we can find out more about this rescue with a view to doing a bigger story. Thanks.

By Prue_Reid at 09:51 on 08/10/12

• Profile image for LiveInHarmony

What was the outcome of this I wonder?

By LiveInHarmony at 06:57 on 07/10/13

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent