Profile image for pierview

I have just been informed by a trustworthy neighbour that the vendors who are selling the Masons building by the Pier have accepted an offer from a motorcycle group with the intention of using it as a clubhouse? Apparently they will not need planning permission as it was previously used as a meeting place. Could someone please verify this information as I am concerned that motorcycles will be driven along the paved area by the pier at all hours and be detrimental to the peacefulness of the area.

By pierview at 16:41 on 16/02/12

• Profile image for IndepententPP

That's hells angels-tastic news!

By IndepententPP at 16:57 on 16/02/12

• Profile image for pierview

Not if you live here. Could anyone say if planning permission would be needed in such a matter?

By pierview at 17:10 on 16/02/12

I do motorcycle view!

(Have you considered that you'll need to change your name?)

By IndepententPP at 17:14 on 16/02/12

Does anyone have a serious answer to what is a simple question? Or recommend who to contact as the estate agent would only tell me she couldn't discuss the matter and I would like to have it either confirmed or denied and nobody seems to know who the exact owner is.

By pierview at 17:28 on 16/02/12

Well motorcycleview,

Perhaps you could start with your local councillor? Or ask Councillor Moderator?

.....Or alternatively, you could sign-up to become a member of the Portishead Hells Angels!

I can see it being very popular, so reserve your place now!

By IndepententPP at 17:35 on 16/02/12

It appears this certainly isn't the right place to be asking, wish I hadn't bothered and will try to find out who the councillor is for this area but if anyone of a more mature attitude does have any genuine help please leave a message and I will check back later. Thank you.

By pierview at 17:43 on 16/02/12

• Profile image for gouldmark2

@pierview I had not heard of this until today and was hoping the site would be used for the most logical purpose as an RNLI station although I do beleive the Masons who own the property want to sell it for conversion to flats as they will make more money from the property and have no interest in the impact more flats with no parking will have on the area. Incidentally the masons actually paid £800 for the property back in the 30's when they were mostly seafaring mariners and it would be seen as a decent gesture on their part to sell at a reasonable price to the RNLI although I can't see that happening in these days of self interest especially knowing whom some of these masons are and seen how they operate.

Unfortunately any sensible questions on this site attract a certain troll who really needs to get a life so please ignore previous comments from such people as they offer nothing to a discussion and merely highlight somebodys inadequacies.

By gouldmark2 at 12:47 on 19/02/12

• Profile image for BarryW

For Pierview
    Unfortunatly there is not a clear cut answer. It is governed by the 'Use Class Order' which you can google.
    A Hall is in D2, Halls and areas for indoor and outdoor recreation etc, but the is a specific exclusion for motor sports.
    Is a motor cycle club room 'motor Sports'?

By BarryW at 17:38 on 19/02/12

• Profile image for Iangrw

Is a motor cycle club room 'motor Sports if you don't know the answer to that god help us all

By Iangrw at 12:13 on 21/02/12

• Profile image for PissutPower

I thought Barry's response was excellent.

Thanks for providing this additional information Baz.

By PissutPower at 14:34 on 21/02/12

• Profile image for Maritrini

Hurrah Sainsbury's is coming to Portishead!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Maritrini at 08:54 on 16/03/12

• Profile image for Maritrini

Hurrah Sainsbury's is coming to Portishead.................

By Maritrini at 08:54 on 16/03/12

• Profile image for romeohotel

Pierview, the peacefulness of the area is already being ruined by motorcar owning residents continually driving their cars around looking for a parking space. Pot,Kettle? AT least the motorcycles will be able to park out of sight, as there is probably sufficient off road parking accompanying this building for around fifty odd motorcycles.

Motor sports is what you fear will be happening outside the clubroom,riding up and down the steps, racing around the locale, who's got the noisiest bike competition etc.etc. but please keep these stereotypical ignorant biggoted thoughts to yourself.

The sole purpose of a clubhouse is to play load music,chat and drink, exactly the same pasttimes that already occur just off the high street every week of the year without single complaint in the Portishead Working Mans Club and Clarence House.

Man up, welcome and embrace your new neighbours instead of just bleating everytime something upsets the status quo. Just be thankful you're not getting new houses and the parking problems that would bring with it .
    If someone is prepared to breath real life into this delapidated old building then I think we should wish the very best to them.

By romeohotel at 09:38 on 26/11/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent