Profile image for thepickler

I bet people living in Conference Avenue and the surrounding roads are unhappy about their streets being used as a short cut to avoid the roadworks on Wyndham Way. I drove through their today and it was like a busy B road. Are you a resident in this area and are you fed up with the increased levels of traffic?

By thepickler at 14:01 on 16/08/12

• Profile image for macycat1954

Well at least it is only a short term solution. Once the tarmac has been completed on Wyndham Way it will return back to normal. You should try living in the Village Quarter with the constant builders vans, lorries, and heavy goods vehicles trundling up and down the roads. Added to that we have the issue of not enough parking spaces, and inconsiderate cars and vans parking anywhere they can even on street corners making driving extremely dangerous.

By macycat1954 at 21:01 on 17/08/12

• Profile image for BarryW

Because of the wet weather the work was not completed as expected and so the road will again be closed on Monday, to complete the work,
    hopefully!

By BarryW at 10:38 on 18/08/12

• Profile image for Yours_truly

Our council could not organise a bun fight in a bakery.Last week the traffic in Portishead was dreadful.Road works outside Fowlers with traffic lights.All the heavy traffic going through the high streeet and the council had put yellow traffic warnings on easels in the gutters.I saw a bus driver get out of his bus and take the sign down and put it on the pavement(well perhaps not put it) then get back into his bus and attempt to get through.Feel sorry for the folks on Conferance Avenue but we also had it on Slade Road which seems to be a favourite route if the High street is snarled up.I suppose we should be gratefull that they did not decide to do it when all the schools went back in September'or will it still be happening then.
    Also why is it always Barry Walters that is the spokesman for the council,are they not able to speak for themselves,or perhaps they havent a clue what is going on.

By Yours_truly at 20:47 on 19/08/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent