Profile image for MDSHydroGeo

What beach that is adequately safe for volunteers to clean at Redcliff Bay, Black Nore, Hang Rock would that be ? in the present tidal, seaweed, oil, sewage and waste conditions accumulated during the past 70 years of your ancestors, compared to the beach that used to be when it fell down from the geologic structures. I would not touch Portishead Hole in One these days and it was bad enough in the 1950s, now it is unstable, sewage, the picnic spots are glass fragments and mostly eroded. Cleaning sludge off beaches is not a good way to go. The LA strictly warns people and the Rivers have generally been dismantled in favour of environmental business so as it is listed as coast or river estuary what would be the answer, hose it by barge from offshore with pumps? Perhaps the answer would be to secure it and remember this is a working dock reach with decades of history some of which you would rather not know about and some or phosphors and sulphur, chemicals and fertilizers. Then there is the farm waste and local activists. No thanks, my children are trying to save people from disease and low educational standards, invite a big industry, no you did that already I think. It would scare them silly in cost.

By MDSHydroGeo at 08:53 on 04/04/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent