Profile image for Prue_Reid

Apparently Tesco want to sell alcohol from its Express store at West Hill from 6am to 11pm. Anyone think this is somewhat excessive and are there any other outlets in the town that sell alcohol from that early?!?!

By Prue_Reid at 19:56 on 08/01/13

• Profile image for thurti365

If you are going to express such a strong opinion Prue_Reid while asking residents what they think, then could you give us the courtesy of telling us who you actually are especially as you work for this website. Otherwise, one could say your opinion is biased not unlike some of the reports in your sister paper The Post against Tesco. So many comments from the Action Group Against Tesco yet I have yet to read one from a supporter although I know there are some out there. Bit of balanced reporting would be welcomed please.

By thurti365 at 21:57 on 08/01/13

• Profile image for mattpdead

Selling Alcohol between 6AM and 11PM in a shop is very different than a pub selling alcohol between those hours. Somebody popping in for their morning paper on the way to work may very pick up a bottle of wine and some other things for dinner in the evening. There are also shift workers to consider who may not fit into what you consider to be reasonable hours for purchasing alcohol. If Tesco's start selling alcohol and it can be linked to anti-social behaviour due to them not following licencing laws they should of course be stopped. But trying to stop them before they've even sold a single unit due to a bias against corporate Britain shames the people responsible.

By mattpdead at 16:53 on 09/01/13

• Profile image for CityClarky

Prue_Reid....me sense you like to stir the Tesco story somewhat. I was overcharged at tescos last week and they gave me double the difference back.

They are not all bad and whats the difference in picking up a bottle of wine at the same time as a pint of milk? Especally if you work nights and can get this at the Waitrose garage already. I don't see drunks hanging around there nor do I see your views being expressed there either.

By CityClarky at 15:47 on 10/01/13

• Profile image for CityClarky

Also on the other thread, the new M (Morrisons) Local in the marina will be selling alcohol at similar Hours.

By CityClarky at 17:35 on 10/01/13

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent